Rugs and carpets are one of the most important décor elements of your home. These surfaces can experience a lot of wear and tear over time but with regular care, you can avoid costly repairs and protect your investments.
Regular, professional carpet cleaning services are crucial for prolonging the life of your stylish floor coverings. In between regular cleanings, take care of them with a few simple strategies to keep them looking clean and fresh all year round.
Keep Your Rugs Clean With Steam Cleaning in Toronto
There are a number of ways to extend the life of your rugs and carpet, other than simply relying on your vacuum cleaner. If you follow a few essential house rules, you can limit the amount of dirt that finds its way into these coverings in the first place.
Here are a few rules you can implement in your own home to keep them in good condition:
● Shoes-Off Rule: Reduce the amount of dirt you bring into your home by taking off your shoes. For guests, you may choose to let them know about your shoes-off policy in advance and invite them to bring along a pair of socks or house slippers. Consider placing a shoe rack or basket next to your entryway, so shoes have a place to go once they are removed.
● Keep Doormats at Entryways: Place doormats on the inside and outside of your entryway. Use the outside doormat to wipe off any excess dirt from your shoes. The inside doormat can be used to stand on while you remove your shoes. On occasion, vacuum your doormats or take them outside and give them a shake. Invest in doormats that will complement your decor but are dark in colour. This will help to hide any dirt in between cleanings.
● Use a Small Towel for Pets: If you have a pet, keep a small towel or clean rag by the door they use. Wipe off wet, muddy paws before your pet walks over your floors.
● Use Plastic or Felt Pads on Furniture: Plastic or felt pads will help disperse the weight of heavy furniture such as your sofa or coffee table. This will prevent any unsightly marks and minimize indentations to your rugs or carpet.
● Maintain a Regular Vacuuming Schedule: Vacuum your house at least once a week. Invest in a high-quality vacuum cleaner that can pull out dirt and clean up pet hair thoroughly. Run the vacuum in both directions to ensure you are removing as much debris as possible.
Keep Your Floors Clean with a Toronto Carpet Cleaning Company
With over 115 years of experience, Babayan’s has the knowledge and expertise to ensure your rugs and carpets are maintained in pristine condition. We offer Oriental and Persian rug cleaning in Toronto with some of our services including carpet steam cleaning, rug and carpet repair, flood restoration, and more.
For a clean environment and a healthy home, have your floor coverings serviced by our team of friendly and trained professionals in Toronto and the surrounding area.